In response to the announcement from the Sheridan I.T. Department concerning the datacenter shutdown that will take place from October 10th, 6:00 pm, to Monday, October 13th, the library is actively working towards ensuring minimal impact to library services.
While printing and other I.T. services may not be available throughout the college, we are hopeful that access to most of the library’s other services and resources (both online and in-person) will remain uninterrupted throughout the weekend. However, in case there is an interruption of service, please note that:
- All campus libraries will remain open during our regular hours on Saturday and Sunday (11 am – 4:00 pm). The college will be closed Thanksgiving Monday for the statutory holiday.
- In the event that the Sheridan website is unavailable, please bookmark in advance http://sheridancollege.libguides.com, where you can:
- Search the library collections
- Access our databases and research guides
- Chat online with us (if Internet access remains available on-campus)
- In the event that email and phone services are unavailable, please visit your campus library in-person for the following services:
- Renewing and Borrowing items
- Requesting Interlibrary loans
While Sheridan College is trying its best to maintain as many services as possible, there are no guarantees that all backup plans will work.
In preparation for the Thanksgiving weekend shutdown, we suggest you try your best to gather as much information to work on your assignments and projects before 6:00 pm on Friday, October 10, 2014. That way, you may still be able to work on your projects should any contingency plans fail.