The library is currently hiring for the following part-time Library Page position at the Davis campus.
Library and Learning Services background:
Sheridan’s Library and Learning Services provides learning and academic support to Sheridan students, staff and faculty.
The Library Learning Commons at the Davis Campus, located in the J-wing, has become a main area for student life on campus. It is often the first point of contact for new or prospective students wanting to find out more about Sheridan College.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Library Page is responsible for staffing the Service desk, maintaining the collection, tidying the library and providing basic printer assistance during assigned shifts.
- Staffing the Service desk: following library procedures/guidelines checks library material in and out, renews items, places holds, collects fines, looks up specific titles and provides basic college/directional information for members of the Sheridan Community. Other requests are referred to senior library staff
- Maintaining the collection: shelves library material, shelf reads collection for accuracy, ensures collections shelves are in order
- Tidying the library: collects library material left on tables, chairs, etc. for shelving, straightens chairs and does a general tidying
- Printer assistance: refills paper and clears paper jams, refers other technical issues to senior library staff
- Other duties: At the discretion of the Supervisor, the Library Page may be assigned other duties including: signage projects and assistance with event planning
- Must be a full time Sheridan student
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal/customer service skills
- Fluent in computer technology
- Be team oriented
- Be able to file using an alpha-numeric system
- Physical able to lift, carry and shelve books and to push a book truck
- Able to work independently
- While training is provided, previous library experience would be considered an asset
Rate of pay:
- $11.09 per hour
Number of Positions:
- 2 (Davis Campus)
Mondays 12-5pm, Tuesdays 12-2pm, Wednesdays 12-2pm, Thursdays 12-2pm
- Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (hard copies may also be handed in at the Davis Library Circulation Desk marked to Johnathan Pring’s attention
- Contract duration is May-June, 2014 with the possibility of renewal for the Fall 2014 semester (September to December).
- Closing date for applications is April 28, 2014 (applications received after this date will not be considered)
Positions start the 1st week of May 2014 (exact time TBD)